if I want to get better at drawing, what should I draw a lot of? Also, your book kicks ass
#tips and tricks
Hello! Thank you! You could draw:
- the things you want to see more of in the world
- the things you like thinking about the most
- whatever you think will make your friends laugh the most
- maybe something you really hate thinking about, but drawing it gets it out of your head
- an idea or memory that you never want to forget
- whatever seems most difficult. It will be frustrating and you might even cry, but the worst that will happen is you’ll f*ck it up horrendously and get a funny/dopey drawing out of it.
<3 your pal Lisa
The Cales at a show i dont remember when or where
EDIT: i remember!! @ books bikes and beyond w/ cat be damned
here i am scrollin’ around through tumblr tags and i find a picture i done tooked.(hey does someone wanna help me make copies of the zine this is from?)
The cales were in a zine? Tite. Let me know when u get copies im trynta get one. Sorry for no foto cred before. I love this pic thanks a lot.
Insert details. Christi is so hot rn u should check us out
Poster I drew included in the Christi tape insert. U can get copies at Steady Sounds or Vinyl Conflict in Richmond. Or u can also hit me up and I can hook u up with one. Thanks!
I am slowly making progress on Blood of the Virgin, the book length comic I have been working on for YEARS. Maybe it will be completed next year. To help stay on course with the book, I have given dozens of drawings, illustrations, and original comic pages to The Beguiling who will be selling them in person at Comic Con this weekend at the Drawn & Quarterly booth. These are pieces that are not online yet, and in some cases, I have held onto for a while. Sales through them help me continue on Blood of the Virgin. so if you’re at the show, take a look. Maybe you’ll like something enough to buy it. If you aren’t going to the show, you can look at my earlier Beguiling list of originals here or contact me directly if you want something not listed, or want to commission something or hire me for an illustration or a dick/tit tattoo. All Price ranges. We can work it out. samharkham AT gmail DOT com.
It is all very appreciated.
Above are some in-progress pages from the book, before scanning, color, and clean-up. Judge lightly.